Friday 19 July 2013

Sho Appreciation: Touching Tabooty - Review

 
“So radian, you’re a Reaper. Fresh after your first Game and ready to start. What the factor, you don’t know how the Game works? Fine, I guess I can tell you how things are run here…
Title: Sho Appreciation: Touching Tabooty
Genre: Dating Sim, Booty Grabbin’, G/B/OtherxSho (Choose your pronouns)
Length: 3.6K words
Endings: 3 (Plus 1 Secret Swaggie Ending)
OS: Windows, Macintosh, Linux
Engine: Ren’Py 6.15.4.320
I don't usually write reviews on short visual novels as I feel there's never that much to talk about but because I found this one quite enjoyable I thought; “Meh, why not?”. Never know, I might get some one interested in playing this...

 http://25.media.tumblr.com/798dc5ca55a8eaf3f2955b155f7e25fa/tumblr_mmdqgxEdel1spn225o4_1280.png

I think it's neat that not only do you get to pick your name if you wish but your gender too. There's three options – male, female and 'other' (other kind of just looks like another guy to me). It doesn't matter what you pick, it won't effect the chance of getting a certain ending! I guess in that respect, it's just a cosmetic thing with slight dialogue change here and there but I liked it – Always nice to have a little more choice! Once I got into the game the first thing I thought was: “Man this music is slamming!”
It's a pretty short game. You can probably get it all finished in about 20-30 minutes (but honestly I wasn't keeping track of the time). I think the description at the top of the page that I took from the main website explains it all more or less. You play as a new reaper and Sho is the Game Master of the week who has to show you the ropes. Depending on the answers you pick, you get one of four endings – the secret “Swaggie” end was probably my personal favourite! Who doesn't get the urge to grab some ass sometimes?!
Sho is a pretty 'unique' character in the way he speaks and his definition of 'arts and crafts' is... let's call it “special”. At a quick glance, looking at the way he speaks, it sounds like he's a little obsessed with math using words like “factoring” and “subtract” but after looking a little closer, it seems to be a... play on words I guess I'd call it..? I dunno if that's the correct phrase but let's just go with it for now! If nothing else, he's defiantly strange, but who cares, he's hawt!

Overall it's a fun little visual novel to play if you have some time to kill. I actually really enjoyed it. So if you want to check it out for yourself, grab your copy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment